Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, the director general of the World Health Organization, declared monkeypox a “public health emergency of international concern” after a panel of advisers could not reach a consensus.
Video: Monkeypox Outbreak Now a Global Health Emergency, W.H.O. Says
More from Most popularMore posts in Most popular »
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Montana health officials call for more oversight of nonprofit hospitals
- At This Recovery Center, Police Cope With the Mental Health Costs of the Job
- Britain’s Hard Lessons From Handing Elder Care Over to Private Equity
- Health Plan Shake-Up Could Disrupt Coverage for Low-Income Californians